For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
After all the fun and excitement of Memorial Day weekend, the Braves game and Stone Mountain, I gave my peeps a break last Thursday.  They stayed at Mimi's house and played on the water slide and watched movies while I enjoyed spending the afternoon with another sweet friend.  And then on Friday we headed to the ATL.

I have to admit.  I love Atlanta!  I know the traffic is horrible, and I'm sure you can think of a hundred or more other things to add to the list.  But I love that city.  There's so much to do there, so much history and culture.  We had the best day!

We spent the entire morning and into the afternoon at the Georgia Aquarium.    


We absolutely LOVE the aquarium!  There is so much to see and do and explore.  But the best part is that you're actually learning while you're having fun.

This fish was cracking me up.  He kept coming up to the glass.  Ellie even tried to kiss him!
We spent most of our time in the "Gulf."  Mason is absolutely fascinated by sharks and has read several books, both fiction and non-fiction, about sharks.  He knows a lot about them and is constantly quizzing Hannah Kate and me.  He was most looking forward to seeing the sharks.  He also loved the giant manta ray.  It took awhile, but he finally had the opportunity to touch one of the sharks in the touch pool.
The dolphin show was absolutely amazing!  There are no words.  It was beautiful, it was exciting, it was fascinating . . . I don't have any pictures from the show because photography wasn't allowed.  But we found a couple of cute dolphins outside.

After we were finished exploring the aquarium, we went across the street to Centennial Olympic Park.  Mason really got into the winter Olympics this year so he thought it was neat that the Olympics were actually in Georgia one year.

And here they are at the Fountain of the Rings.  I brought their swimsuits for them to play, but they weren't interested.  They were tired.  And hot.  And hungry.
So the perfect ending to the perfect day in the big city was The Varsity.  
I don't do hotdogs.  Occasionally, I'll eat an organic all-beef hotdog.  By occasionally, I mean I ate two of them during the past two weeks, and I can't even remember the last time before that I ate a hotdog.

But at The Varsity . . . I do hotdogs.  I'm sure they aren't organic.  Or all-beef.  But sometimes I CRAVE a hotdog from The Varsity.  Like right now I'm just realizing I didn't eat supper, and I could so eat a chili slaw dog (or two) from The Varsity!

The kids loved their dogs.  Mason had a naked dog, and Hannah Kate had a yellow dog.  Ellie had all of the above.  And then I had to go back to the counter and order a second time because they asked for more.
The aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, The Varsity.  Perfect.