For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Last Wednesday was another super fun day and one I'd been looking forward to for a very long time.  We drove north of Atlanta and met my bestie and her babies for lunch.  We've not seen each other since last summer.  But that's okay.  We just pick right back up where we left off.  And our kids did, too.  They had the best time together.  I so wish we lived closer.  I loved watching Hannah Kate and Caroline walk through the mall with their heads together talking about who-knows-what.  And Andrew followed Mason around like a big brother and thought he was the coolest thing since ice cream.  We spent a fun afternoon together.

As much as I loved watching our children play together, I'm thinking next time we need a spa day with lunch at the tea room!  Miss this girl like crazy.
And then we went to one of my most favorite Georgia landmarks.  I haven't been here in 14 years.  This has always been one of my most favorite places to visit.  I've always loved the laser show and couldn't wait for Mason and Hannah Kate to experience it, too.
Several storms moved through the area earlier in the day so it was a really nice, cool evening.  And there wasn't a big crowd either.  We had a couple of hours to explore the park.


We rode the train around the base of the mountain.  And then we rode the sky lift to the top of the mountain.  You can see Atlanta in the background.

We found a spot on the lawn and settled in to watch the laser show.  Mason, Hannah Kate and Ellie had the best time.  Music was playing, and they were dancing around and just being silly.  I was a little concerned about how Ellie would do at this point because it had already been a long day for her, and she didn't have a nap.  But she absolutely loved it.

The laser show was everything I remember.  Most of my old favorites are still part of the playlist, including Georgia On My Mind, The Devil Went Down to Georgia and Elvis's Dixie and Battle Hymn of the Republic.  I have to admit that I missed Alabama's Forty Hour Week though.  I know.  Redneck-ish.  The playlist has been tastefully updated with Happy and Let It Go (who would've thought?!?) and a few others so Mason and Hannah Kate really appreciated that.  I was most impressed with the medley in honor of our country, our people and our troops.

We had the. best. day.  It just wasn't long enough.  Seth and I both agreed that we want to go back and spend more time exploring the park and some of the newer attractions that we didn't have time for.  Mason and Hannah Kate really were in awe of the big mountain.  They'd never seen anything like that before.  There's nothing I love more than experiencing my childhood favorites with and through the eyes of my own children.  It's a mountain top experience for sure!