For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
It's already been well documented here that Ellie is the little prankster the family.  But what happens when the shoe is on the other foot?

The kids are allowed one "special" drink of their choice each day (because I still enjoy my one Dr. Pepper every afternoon!).  Of course, none of them choose the same thing.  Ellie's choice is Mountain Dew.  She likes to pour hers in a cup with a straw.  So she came in the kitchen today to do just that.  I happened to glance over at her, and noticed her Mountain Dew was pouring out . . . red.  Red?
I mean, did they put . . . cherry Mountain Dew (is that even a thing?) in the can by mistake?  That was my first thought.  And Ellie still hasn't realized what's happened until I'm like, "Ellie, it's red."  She stops pouring.  And then we both see the half-empty red Powerade on the counter.  We both understood at the same time.

Mason.

This little girl LOVES her big brother.  I mean, she LOVES him something fierce.  And he loves her. He aggravates her (she aggravates him first), but he would do pretty much ANYTHING for her.  I saw nothing but love pouring out of that Mountain Dew can.  It made me laugh.  Ellie, on the other hand, got puffed up.  I mean, REALLY puffed up.  When I finally stopped laughing, I told her she needed to chin up real quick and get over it, especially considering all the jokes she's played on everyone through the years.  Needless to say, it wasn't as much fun with the shoe on the other foot.  She was just upset she wasn't the one who thought to do that to someone else!