For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Hannah Kate was chosen by her ballet teacher as the Student of the Month in ballet at her dance studio!
She was so excited!  She came running out of practice a couple of weeks ago with a big grin on her face.  She could hardly get the words out before she shoved her certificate in my face to show me what she was talking about.  

I am so proud of her!  Mrs. Katherine recommended that she take an additional ballet class this year.  It's really just an extra practice class that involves a lot of technique and discipline.  It's not a recital class so there's no fancy costume to get excited about.  I talked to her about it last summer and let her make the decision.  I was pleasantly surprised when she said she wanted to do it.  I know she's been working so hard in this class, and Mrs. Katherine had been telling me that she could tell such a difference this year in Hannah Kate's dancing.

It was last year this time that Ellie was chosen as a Student of the Month.  That cracks me up because we already knew she was going to be a dance drop-out and was dancing only because we told her she HAD to finish the year in dance if she wanted to take gymnastics.  Hannah Kate was kinda bummed.  She had been dancing for over six years and had never been chosen as a Student of the Month, and yet, her little sister who could care less was chosen.  She never voiced as such, but I knew.  I could tell.  I told her at the time that the most important thing was that she was having fun and that she should always continue to do her best.  That's it.  Just do your best.  And the rest will come.  Besides, the Student of the Month program has only been in existence for a couple of years now so it is still relatively new and wasn't even around when she began dancing.  

Hannah Kate told me again that she thought she was "never" going to be awarded Student of the Month.  I told her that it really is an honor for her to be chosen.  First of all, she was chosen out of not just her class but ALL of the ballet classes at the studio.  And next of all, Mrs. Katherine has very high standards and expects nothing but the best from her students.  She expects excellence, and that's something I love and appreciate about her.  This little award has meant the world to Hannah Kate.  She's really excited about taking the big stage again this year for the dance recital.