For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Last Friday night we attended LSU Gymnastics' first meet of the season.  This girl right here was so excited and had been looking forward to it for several months.

It's even more fun when your little BFF is there, too.  I'm tell you, these two girls are like two peas in a pod!

Ellie INSISTED on wearing her LSU "gymnastics outfit," which is really Hannah Kate's old cheerleader outfit.  But who am I to spoil her fun?! 

Before the meet started, I looked over to see this.
She was studying the program and pointing out each gymnast that is new to the team this year.  She pretty much nailed it.  I've no idea how she remembered so much from last year.

Huge new video screens were installed in the PMAC during the off season.  We made it on there at least twice.  Both times Ellie nearly died of embarrassment and jumped over into my lap.  My friend captured us and sent me this pic.  We're on the bottom row.

I didn't put those little decorations at the bottom of this picture, but this is the only picture I have of Hannah Kate from that night.  You can see Mason two rows behind her.

Tonight LSU was at an away meet in Gainesville so we watched them on TV.  We also had our own little gym cat performing her routine in the middle of our family room for our viewing entertainment.

And, oh, the entertainment!  She's still convinced she's going to be an LSU gymnast one day.  She asked me tonight how long it will take for her to learn how to do the bars and vault.  A long time.  A lot of practice.