For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
When I woke up this morning, the first thing I told myself was, "It's not a dream."  My Dawgs are headed to the National Championship game in six days.

As if that's not exciting enough, it gets even better.  It's cold in south Louisiana.  And, I mean, really cold.  I've never said that before.  And it is absolutely glorious!  I keep telling Seth I would love to live up north for a year just to experience winter.  Let's just say we aren't on the same page there.  We've had a fire in the fireplace more during the past two days than we have in the entire time we built our house eight years ago.  It's blazing right now.  Ellie and I are curled up together underneath a cozy blanket, and Seth and the big kids are curled up together under another one.  I mean, those are all the things I LOVE about cold weather (and hot chocolate and books and movies and soup).

Don't believe me?  We took the kids to see a movie this afternoon.  The fountain at the movie theater was nearly frozen solid!  (Yes, they have coats now.  They just refuse to wear them.  It's not a battle I'm willing to take up right now!)


I should've said we took the kids to see movies . . . because football is not the only time we are a house divided.  Seth and the big kids went to see the new Star Wars movie.

I took Ellie to see Ferdinand.


It was cute enough, I suppose.  I'm really not a kids' movie kind of girl.  There was a good message underneath it all.  And I did get a little nap in the middle.  I honestly don't even know if Ellie watched it.  She was too busy playing with her icee cup, drinking my Dr. Pepper, eating popcorn and reclining her seat back and forth.  I mean, she really could care less about a movie.  She just wants the popcorn and the recliner!