For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Hannah Kate loves to craft and draw and color and cut.  She is constantly working on an art project, and there are always little pieces and scraps of paper and tape all over the place.  A few weeks ago, she was invited to her friend's birthday party at one of those "professional" painting places where you receive step-by-step instructions from an artist.  They were going to paint Rapunzel.  This was the very first time Hannah Kate had been to one of these places, and I knew she was going to absolutely love it.  And she did! 

She was so anxious to get started.  I've painted three canvases at such a place.  I am the least artistic person I know.  I can't even draw a stick figure!  But these places work magic.  I am the person who listens to the artist's instructions and then watches while they demonstrate on their own canvas before painting mine.  And I try to paint mine just like they paint theirs.  I knew that Hannah Kate would be a little more independent with her painting.

And, of course, you can't paint Rapunzel with the princess herself offering encouragement over your shoulder!

By the time they got to the lanterns, Hannah Kate was just taking off.  I kept reminding her to listen to the instructor before painting her canvas, but she could hardly put her paint brush down.

When it was time for a break, Rapunzel did a little face painting.


And then things got really serious.  Hannah Kate was adding the "lights" to her lanterns.

It was finally time to paint Rapunzel.  By this time, Hannah Kate was totally done with the instructor and pretty much took it upon herself to paint the princess.

This is the professional's original canvas.
 And this is Hannah Kate's finished canvas!

Hannah Kate absolutely loved painting, and we are thankful that her sweet friend invited her.