For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
As if Mother's Day, Hannah Kate's Kindergarten graduation and Mason's awards ceremony weren't enough in the same weekend, we also had Hannah Kate's dance recital this past weekend, too!

This year's recital theme was Dancing with Cinema.  So each dance was a tribute to a movie.  Hannah Kate's class danced their ballet to You Are So Beautiful to Me (The Little Rascals) and tap to Twist and Shout (Ferris Bueller's Day Off).  She really enjoyed her class this year.  She also loved both of her costumes, and I did, too.  She's had some cute ones in previous years, but I think this year's are definitely my favorites.

I took all of these pictures with my phone while we were waiting in the dressing room. 


A lot of moms get pins of their ballerina to wear on dance recital day.  I'd never done that before, but I remember last year wishing I had a pin.  So I got one this year, and I'm so glad I did.  I mean, look at this beautiful picture!  Sometimes I just sit and stare . . . and I have to pinch myself because that's MY girl! 
Hannah Kate and her friend Addison could hardly wait to take the stage.  They'd been waiting so patiently all day. 
When she changed into her tap costume, I told her I wanted to take a picture, and this is what I got.  I really don't know where she gets this from.  Oh, and this is also when I totally forgot to put her hairpiece in her hair and didn't realize it until she was already dancing on the stage.  She was the only one without it. 
This year Hannah Kate and Abbie were in the same dance recital.  We were in two different dressing rooms, and we didn't really get to see Abbie at the recital because their dances were really close together so they were either on the stage or in the dressing room.  I didn't have a chance to get a picture of them together at the recital, but I took this picture the night before at the rehearsal.  This is Abbie in her ballet costume. 
We are no allowed to video the actual recital, but I did capture Hannah Kate's dances at the rehearsal.  So . . . here you go!  She is the fourth ballerina from the right once all the girls are lined up.  They watched their teachers in the wings pretty much the whole time during the rehearsal.  But at the recital, they actually danced the first part of both of their dances without looking at their teachers at all.