For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Two more days.  Two days.  Sigh.

This past week was busy busy.  But we are ready to welcome Baby B home!  We are more than ready!

People always ask about the baby's nursery.  The answer is we don't have one.  We have several options depending on whether the baby is a boy or a girl so we decided to wait and make that decision later.  In the meantime, Baby will sleep in the baby cradle in our bedroom.  Seth's dad made this cradle for us before Mason was born.  It's where Mason slept during his first two months of life.  And Hannah Kate . . . well . . . she didn't sleep a whole lot during her first few months of life unless someone was holding her so her time in the cradle was very short.
And this little fella was the very first gift we were given for Baby.  He was given to us by a very special young lady who came into our lives this year.  We spent a lot of time with her; she was like a big sister to Mason and Hannah Kate.  But she has since moved back to her beloved home state of Texas.  We miss her and think of her every time we see our bunny.
As soon as I found out I was expecting, I began collecting coupons for diapers and wipes and scoured sales papers for the best diaper deals.  So I stocked up.  I'm really glad I purchased only two small packages of newborn-sized diapers since this baby is projected to surpass the weight recommendation of said diapers!  I should've counted how many diapers I've purchased thus far, but I haven't.  And it'll be interesting to see how long my stock lasts.  I have up to size 3.
And I just love seeing the baskets on the changing table stocked with diapers and wipes and power and lotion and baby bath.
Baby B isn't here yet and already has some competition.  Hannah Kate's babies have found their way into the swing, bouncer, stroller and infant carrier.  Every time I turn around, there's a baby.
The other day I caught her digging into my bottle stash to "feed" her baby.
One of my big projects this week was preparing meals that I could put in the freezer and pull out during those first weeks after we come home with Baby.  I guess you could say it's the C's of Cooking - casseroles and crockpot meals!  Those are not my favorites for this time of year, but I know I will appreciate having them available to pull out and prepare quickly.  Of course, I'm having to borrow some of my mother-in-law's freezer space because I don't have enough, but I probably have enough meals for a month or so.  I also made a huge grocery store trip to stock the pantry.  And I purchased toiletries, paper goods and cleaning supplies in bulk supply so I won't soon run out of those either.  My goal was to prepare as much as I possibly could ahead of time.  In addition to bringing home Baby B, school will soon be starting, as will Hannah Kate's dance lessons.  So things will get really busy really quickly.
I had the best time making burp cloths for baby.  And since we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl, I made boy burp cloths and girl burp cloths.  I really wanted to go ahead and monogram them, but that would've been rather silly since there's a set I won't end up using.  So that will be one of my first projects after we get home.  In the meantime, here are a few of the ones I made:

I also have a pink newborn hat and a blue newborn hat.  I've already monogrammed each hat with our respective boy and girl name.  The names are on the other side.  I monogrammed both because I want to take these to the hospital.  And the one we don't use . . . well, I'll just keep it as a special memory of this pregnancy.
And so, yes, as of this past Monday, we have a boy name!  The only thing I can tell you is that his name is not Samuel.  I told Seth that I really wanted Samuel . . . even though there were two other names on the list, they just weren't right for this baby, should we have a boy.  But he was having none of it.  Sam Bayham.  It's really not that bad.  Is it?  So I threw out another name that the Lord had laid on my heart a few days earlier, a name that wasn't on the list, never had been on the list, a name that just seemingly came out of nowhere.  And, believe it or not, Seth liked it!  We waited a couple of days just to be sure.  And then it was monogram-able!  I absolutely LOVE both of our names!  


So I would like to thank everyone for your name suggestions . . . but we've got it!  I mentioned a few weeks ago that Hannah Kate really wants a girl and really wants her name to be Lily.  Well, I'm not sure what happened, but Hannah Kate has changed her mind.  About three weeks ago, she told me she had a "new" name for the baby.  So I asked her what it was.  Linda.  Linda?  Yes, Linda.  Linda Lily.  I have no idea where in the world that came from.  All I can say is that her, should we have a girl, name is not Linda!  And then two weeks ago, Hannah Kate started saying she wanted a boy baby.  This morning she told her MawMaw that she really wants a girl baby, but it'll probably be a boy baby.  Sweet girl she is!  I guess she's saying this because she's heard me tell everyone I think we're having a boy.  But she did have the perfect solution . . . she told me the other day that she wants me to have a boy AND a girl.  Again, she's going to be disappointed!


A friend of mine asked this afternoon what I'm going to do tomorrow.  Well, more of the same, I guess.  We'll go to church in the morning.  My big project tomorrow afternoon will be to finish cleaning the house.  There were a couple of things I was waiting until tomorrow to do because I want to come home to as clean of a house as possible next week.  My bags are already packed, but I still have to pack suitcases for Mason and Hannah Kate.  I know you're thinking I should rest or take a nap or do nothing . . . but I can't.  Really, I can't.  I was up at 3:00am this morning trying to figure out what I could do because I certainly couldn't sleep.  The excitement, the anticipation is getting the best of me.  Besides, I'm super uncomfortable now anyway so that also makes any kind of sleep and rest nearly impossible.  It seems like the minutes are just d r a g g i n g by as we anticipate Baby's birth on Monday.


Two more days.  Two. more. days. too. many!