For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Christmas. It seems like so long ago! But here we are. Or, rather, were.

Mason and Hannah Kate woke up to Christmas stockings and a few gifts to open.
Hannah Kate was really excited about her new pajamas and bedroom slippers. She's really into slippers these days.And Mason just throws everything into a pile on the floor and then looks through his loot.
They didn't even notice their "big" gift sitting in the back yard . . . a trampoline! They absolutely love it. I never have to "send" them outside. They always beg to go out, even in the chilly weather.

After they quickly opened their gifts and went through their stockings, we went to church. After church we went to Connor's house to exchange gifts with him. He gave Mason a Razor Powerwing Scooter. Just google it. It's a lot of fun. And he gave Hannah Kate an Easy Bake Oven! Oh my, she loves it! We've made red velvet cupcakes and pretzels. The cupcakes were actually surprisingly good. And I really liked the pretzels.
And this was the best we could do at getting a picture of all three of them.Then we went to MawMaw's house for lunch and more gifts. Abbie, Mason and Hannah Kate couldn't wait to open their gifts. And isn't that the cutest hat (I guess that's what it's called . . . ?) that Abbie is rockin?Mason got some LSU wear.And . . . the only thing he asked for this year . . . a skateboard. I have no idea why in the world he asked for that. To my knowledge, he hadn't really seen one, hadn't tried to ride one. I really tried to discourage him. He finally said, "Well, I really want a skateboard. But I know you won't let me have one." So that melted my heart. And, by the way, a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads and wrist guards accompanied the skate board.Hannah Kate really wanted a purple dress for Emily, her American Girl doll. So that's what she got. And Abbie really wanted the double jogging stroller for her American Girl doll, Kit. I've already asked to borrow it once the baby arrives. I mean, check it out . . .
Hannah Kate also got a plasma car. So cute. And so fun. All the kids love it, even Connor.
And then . . . Abbie and Hannah Kate were given doll trunks for their American Girl dolls.PawPaw made these trunks for them. On the left side at the top is a rod for hanging all of their clothes. There are two drawers for bows, shoes and other accessories. MawMaw even got them a little plastic divided case for earrings and such. The doll fits into the right side. And then the trunk closes.

When we got home later that afternoon, we had to open all of the Georgia gifts. The original plan was to do that on Christmas Eve night, but Seth took us to see the bonfires on the levee, and we didn't get home in time to open gifts. At this point, I was very sick. So there are only a few pictures, most of which aren't the greatest.

Mason couldn't wait to open his gift from Pop and Mimi. I thought for sure he'd be able to guess what it was by the shape of the package, but he never did.It was a new fishing rod. He didn't have a strong enough rod for catching speckled trout and redfish. The next few days he put that rod to good use, as he, Seth, PawPaw, Barry and Abbie went fishing in Cocodrie.Pop and Mimi gave Hannah Kate a jewelry box with her name on it.She was absolutely thrilled, especially with the ballerina that twirls when you open the box and the little tune it plays. She would open it, close it, open it, close it. She also told me that the music was so pretty that it would help her sleep at night!And, if you have a jewelry box, you need jewelry to go in it! So they also gave her a necklace with several charms on it, including a ballerina and charm with her initial on it.There were so many more gifts, but I didn't get pictures of everything. But just wait until you see the loot that Emily (Hannah Kate's American Girl doll) pulled in! Let's just say that her trunk is absolutely full of clothes. She has more clothes and shoes than I do!
Troy, April, Avery and Beau were not here for Christmas, but they came the following weekend. We took the older kids ice skating. Here they are in front of the "old" State Capitol building.Ice skating was a little harder this time around. The ice was a lot slicker, and there were a lot of people. Avery was so sweet to help Mason nearly the entire time.Mason and Hannah Kate had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed their gifts and time with family and friends. For me, those days were a struggle. That was definitely the sickest I've ever been. It was even more difficult because it was to the point that I couldn't really play with Mason and Hannah Kate, couldn't assemble any new toys or read directions. I couldn't be there with them like I really wanted to. But they were so sweet and so understanding.

I can hardly wait to add Baby to the picture next Christmas!