For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Well. Seth has always said he wouldn't kill anything unless it was big enough to mount. So when he called this afternoon to tell me he shot a deer, I didn't believe him. I really thought he was calling to mess with Mason because it was the first hunt of the season that Mason decided he just didn't want to go. But he wasn't kidding. It wasn't until after the phone call that the breadth and depth of his statement sunk in. If a deer was indeed killed at his hand, it was big enough to mount. So now I guess we have some new decor. I don't mind. Really, I don't. But I've been telling him for years that if we mount a deer, we also need a fish, wood duck and squirrel to go with it. I'm not kidding. Really, I'm not.
It's been a long time since Seth has been this excited. Yes. I know. He is obviously oozing with excitement . . . it's written all over his face . . . Oh. You can't tell? Well, just take my word for it. He is. If you know him, you know this is about as much excitement as you're going to get!