For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Yall. Oh. My. Goodness. It's day two of the great fireplace stonework, and I can honestly say I am about to pull my hair out. Let's just say it's a slow process. Very slow. S. L. O. W. It wouldn't bother me so much if I could just go away and not come back until it's finished. It's just . . . inconvenient . . . having "workers" in your house. Or at least it is to me. But I just have to remember that it will be worth it when it's finished. And it will be finished. One day. Far away.

So after two (yes, TWO) days, here's our progress thus far:

Oh, and did I mention it's been only two days? Well, it seems like an eternity. The good news . . . or maybe the bad news . . . is that my guy isn't working tomorrow. He'll be back on Thursday. Will yall pray with me that maybe, just maybe, he can speed up the process a bit? I know it might seem trivial or insignificant or unimportant. But I know that the things that concern His children concern the Heavenly Father. And He wants us to come to Him with ALL things, even fireplaces.