For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
We packed our shoeboxes . . . have you?

Operation Christmas Child is one of my most favorite holiday missions project. I believe so strongly in the Samaritan's Purse organization and the ministry they do here in our own country, as well as around the world. I wish I could remember the first year I packed a shoebox . . . 18 years and 86 million shoeboxes later, children in 130 nations around the world continue to receive a simple shoebox packed with gifts the likes of which they've never seen before. But the best part is that each box is delivered with love and the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ.

Mason and Hannah Kate love shopping for their shoeboxes. It's something that they remember and talk about throughout the year. Last year our boxes went to Madagascar and Benin. I can't wait to find out where they go to this year!

My dream is to one day hand-deliver our boxes myself.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." ~1 Peter 1:3