For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
So I've decided that I'm going to celebrate some of my favorites of the week on Fridays, hence Friday Favorites. These are mostly memories that I need to write down so they won't be forgotten.

Favorite Pin (Speaking of pinning, do yall pin? Ya know, Pinterest? 'Cause if you don't, you need to! Unless you have an addictive personality. And then it becomes an obsession. I'm not quite there. Yet. But only because my internet connection is about as fast as dial-up.) Actually, I have more than one favorite pin this week.This is a table tutu! How cute for Hannah Kate's room!

And this is my inspiration for the family room . . . a finished fireplace! Because ours still isn't. And I just don't like "unfinished." Kind of like the fabric on my sewing machine table that's been there since February that will eventually be the roman shades for the French doors in Hannah Kate's room. Anyway, except for the decor on the mantle . . . this will be my fireplace.

Favorite Activity - Planting pansies and the fall vegetable garden with Hannah Kate and Connor.

Favorite Meal - Well, that would have to be date night tonight at P.F. Chang's! This was the first week that Seth has been home in its entirety (definitely the best part of my week!) since July. So all of the suppers I prepared were more for him than they were for me. The spaghetti would normally be one of my favorites, but I just don't care for the whole wheat pasta noodles. But we do the low carb, whole grain thing around here. I did make white beans one day. Yes. I realize the irony of that. Low carb thing. They were the perfect consistency (according to my husband), but they were lacking in flavor. I know what I'm going to do differently next time.

Favorite Quote - "So what does my swing say, Mama? BIG Tike?" spoken by Hannah Kate after she informed me that Connor's swing had Little Tikes written on it.

Favorite Bible Verse - Acts 4:13, 19-20 - Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus . . . But Peter and John answered and said to them, "Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard."