For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Look what we did last Saturday . . .

We hadn't been to a game in Tiger Stadium since Georgia came to town in 2003. My friends from Georgia drove over and went to the game with us. Let's just say it didn't end well . . . and not because Georgia lost. I promised I'd never go to another LSU game again. Seth promised I'd never wear anything but purple and gold to another LSU game. And we'll leave it at that. But I have to say . . . even though there were very few Florida fans in town (we really didn't see any tailgating, and I'd guess there were less than 1,000 in that stadium of over 93,000) . . . we heard not the first "tiger bait" tongue lashing from raucous, inebriated LSU fans (I was imagining the worst . . . a war of the words between tiger bait and gator bait) . . . and LSU seemed almost . . . respectable. Or maybe that's just because I was wearing the right color shirt this time.

I felt like an impostor though . . . like my body really didn't belong in this shirt. I had originally planned to wear black (because let's just say purple and gold are not common colors in my wardrobe . . . except for the bordeaux-colored (that's close enough to purple, don't you think?) shirt I bought a few weeks ago that's still hanging in my closet because it's too hot to wear a 3/4 sleeve shirt . . . longing for sweater weather!), but Seth bought this shirt for me Friday night.

It was super fun (even though the game really was boring . . . LSU was up 14 points after five minutes and eventually sent the Gators back to the swamp after a 41-11 beating . . . I just prefer games to be a little closer . . . it's way more exciting . . . yes, I realize I am the only person who feels that way!).

I had a near catastrophe Saturday morning though. I didn't sleep good, and it felt like the skin just below my right eye was on fire during the night. When I woke up and looked in the mirror, my upper right cheek was incredibly swollen all the way up to my bottom eyelid. No, Seth did not hit me. But I really had no idea what was going on. And my husband, being the kind, sympathetic, gentle man that he is said, "Don't worry about it. You'll be wearing your sunglasses all day anyway, and no one will see it." So I did until I couldn't take it anymore. By the time we took this picture, the swelling had gone down for the most part. I probably should have left the glasses on!

Oh, and I forgot to mention . . . we were AT THE GAME. So guess what game my husband DVR'd for us to watch later . . . oh, no, not the Georgia game that I missed the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters of . . . the LSU game . . . and what did we do later after Mason and Hannah Kate were in bed? We watched the LSU game. Again. Enough said.

GO DAWGS!