For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Well. This just hasn't been my week. Nothing in particular. It's just been a llooooonnnnnggggg week! For some reason, I thought all day Tuesday that it was Wednesday . . . and then I thought yesterday was Thursday . . . so imagine my disappointment when I realized my mistake. But the good news is that today really is Thursday! One more day until hubby comes home.

I really don't have anything amusing or thought-provoking to share today. Of course, I could tell you last week's incident with Mason and the pickle. But I won't go there because that's one I'd rather forget. Instead, I'll just share some pictures with you. I was going back through the pictures I took this month (can you believe tomorrow is April 1?!?) and decided to post a few so you can see what Mason and Hannah Kate have been up to.

Hannah Kate loves to play. And that's what she does. All. Day. Long. But the problem is that she doesn't put one thing up before dragging something else out so her room usually looks like a hurricane came through. And not only that, but she does not like to pick up. So that's a constant issue. On this particular day, she'd been quiet for longer than usual so I went upstairs to check on her. Obviously, he dress up trunk threw up everywhere! And I'm not crazy about the coloring in this picture. I'm still playing with my new camera that I got for Christmas. I'm trying to resist the urge to keep the setting on "auto" and instead use the manual settings based on where I am, the lighting, etc. I don't know what I did on this particular day, but I don't like it. And then I tried to "fix" it after I uploaded my pictures. I didn't do a good job with that either! No, it isn't cold. Hannah Kate just loves wearing this jacket for some reason. I guess because it used to be Abbie's. She came into the kitchen while I was cooking supper, and I thought it was so cute how her little curles were peeking out from the hood. This is what you do when your yard is nothing but dirt: Find a "catepillar." Build a "house" for him. Pose for a picture with your catepillar house. (And, yes, it is 85 degrees outside, and Hannah Kate is wearing long sleeves and jeans. That wasn't a battle I was willing to fight that particular morning.) What can I say? We're life-time members of the NRA! What's that verse . . . "train up a child in the way he should go" . . . just kidding . . . I'm just so glad that Mason and Hannah Kate play so well together and compromise between their superheroes and princesses! This was the day that Hannah Kate wore her princess crown ALL DAY. She wanted to wear it to bed, but I convinced her to put it on her night stand instead. In this picture, she was Snow White. She was also seen as Briar Rose, Cinderella and Tiana. Hannah Kate was so cute be-bopping around the yard on her 4-wheeler that I had to take some pictures. Again, they aren't the best. I'm still trying to figure my camera out. But she was just adorable in her romper and pink rubber boots (which I don't even think you can see in these pictures). And this is the way she rides: