For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

Yummy yummy in Hannah Kate's tummy! Our adventures in baby food have begun. We started with squash. Hannah Kate opened her mouth wide, I shoved a spoonful of squash onto her tongue, she scrunched up her face, shivered all the way down to her toes and finally swallowed the stuff. She accepted a few more bites before deciding she'd much rather go back to the familiar taste of rice cereal. I wish I could've done a better job at capturing her reaction, but I was trying to feed her AND take pictures AND record the whole episode with our DVD camera AND keep Mason away from the DVD camera AND be sure Mason didn't take it upon himself to feed Hannah Kate while I was taking pictures . . . you get the idea.
So after a few days of squash (which Hannah Kate finally decided she just might like), we tried carrots. Let's just say that Hannah Kate loves her carrots! They're her favorite. She likes sweet potatoes, too. But the peas are the ones she pursed her lips in protest against after just one bite, refusing to open her little mouth again until she was sure there were no more green peas on that spoon. I can't say I blame her too much for that. I mean, the green ones are always the worst! Why in the world do we feed this stuff to our babies anyway?!? Mason never liked baby food peas or green beans. I've tried a few more times with the peas, and she'll eat a few spoonfuls, but she would rather not. So today we tried green beans. I really didn't think she would like them, but she actually did better with them than with the peas.