For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
A few weeks ago, Mason and I were having a little conversation about the baby. Let's just say I don't think he'll be the one picking out the baby's name!


Even though we talk about the baby with Mason all of the time, explaining to him that Mommy is going to have a baby, he is going to be a big brother, and a baby is going to come live with us, I'm really not sure how much he understands. He likes to talk about it, and he thinks it's a great idea (of course, he also thinks there's a baby in his tummy, too!), but I'm not sure how he's going to react when this baby really does come.

I have been feeling better the past few weeks. When the morning sickness lasted into my 12th and 13th weeks, I was dismayed at the thought that it was easing into the second trimester, too, but it finally waned. My next MD appointment is July 2, at which time we will schedule another ultrasound. My doctor originally wanted to do it at 18 weeks, which would be the second week in July, but we'll have to see what he says on Monday. Seth really wants to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. I really do not want to find out . . . I would love to be surprised! So I'm not sure how we're going to resolve the issue. I think at this point, the best I can hope for is that the baby's legs are crossed!