For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

Mason and Anna are best friends! Anna is not quite a month older than Mason. We go to church with Anna's family, and since Anna's mom is a stay-at-home mom (I actually prefer the title Domestic Engineer!) too, we go shopping together and have play dates every week. Last week Anna spent the day with us. It was such a joy watching them play together. It reminds me of the show tune . . . "anything you can do, I can do better; I can do anything better than you." They show off for each other and try to out do one another. My favorite thing is when they play the piano together. Mason will stand at one end and Anna at the other, and they bang away. It actually doesn't sound too bad.

Mason got some new shoes today. I was really hoping to wait until fall to get him some new shoes, but he is growing so fast that I had to get him some to get him through the remainder of the summer (which will be until December in LA!). He wears a size 6! I couldn't believe it. He skipped size 5 altogether. I just can not believe how quickly he is growing . . . and growing up!