For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11


The other day, Mason's Mimi asked me what Mason's favorite toys are these days. He loves stealing the balls from his busy ball popper and thinks it's the neatest thing that he can ride his car all around the house without any help from Daddy or Mommy . . . but his favorite toys are actually not toys at all. Mason loves books! His books are the first things he looks for every morning after breakfast. By the end of the day, all of his books are off of his bookshelf and on the floor, leaving Mommy with quite a lot to pick up.

Mason will come running to us, book in hand, and expect us to stop whatever we are doing and read to him. Of course, he has to be the one to turn the pages! I sit on the floor a lot (those of you with small children understand why!), and my favorite thing is when he comes to me with a book in his hand and plops down in my lap. He doesn't sit still much these days, but he'll stay in my lap for nearly 15 minutes uninterrupted if we're reading a book. And then he gets up only to go get another one!