For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

I can finally find something good to say about the extreme humidity we've had this summer and continue to experience . . . it brings out the best in Mason's curls! Most people are surprised when I tell them that my hair used to be this curly, too. I can't wait to see whether or not Mason's hair stays this curly as he grows older.
Mason has two new teeth on the bottom so now he has eight teeth. I must've forgotten what it was like the last time around (his other teeth came in when he was 6 months old, which was quite awhile back) . . . or maybe it's just worse this time. He has really had a hard time, and I have, too!

Mason loves to play outside. He likes to ride in his wagon, but he also likes to run through the neighbors' yards, too, so it usually ends up in a big game of chase. The worst thing right now (besides the humidity!) is the love bugs! I never knew what these horrible little creatures were until I moved here. They come out in swarms (literally!) in May and September. Mason likes to try to catch them and eat them! Yes, he's been successful more than once. Last weekend we took him swimming in the "big pool" at his PawPaw and MawMaw's house. He loved it! His favorite game these days is "What is that?" He points to anything and everything and asks, "At?," which means, "What is that?" He also tells me to "It it" all the time. That means, "Get it." And he still loves to read. I can not even imagine how many times a day I have to read "Does a Kangaroo Have A Mother, Too?" and "The Wheels on the Bus." I'm tempted to hide those books for awhile, but I think it might be a rather traumatic experience for him!

Mason has been invited to a birthday party for his little friend next door. The party is a cowboy theme, and they are going to have ponies for the children to ride. Now, I don't know about you, but as much as I'd love to have pony rides at one of Mason's birthday parties, I'm not going to have them in my yard (it's not like we live on a farm --- we live in a subdivision) . . . I mean, can you imagine?!? It was enough cleaning up when everyone left, much less cleaning up after horses!!! Anyway, I can't wait to see Mason's reaction to the ponies. He loves to "ride" on our backs so hopefully he'll be willing to ride a pony, too.

Today we went shopping and found the perfect outfit for Mason to wear to Uncle Rob's wedding. Now we just have to find some shoes to match. We are very excited about going to Georgia for the wedding. Mason will also get to meet his new friend, Caroline, too.

Tomorrow we have been invited to a friend's house to watch the LSU/Auburn game. I thought about wearing my Georgia shirt . . .