For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Yep.  This means what you think it does.
When I took Hannah Kate to the doctor this morning, I really didn't think it was the flu.  I was expecting strep.  But no.  I'd already started giving her elderberry syrup, oscillococcinum and vitamin C shots yesterday so I feel like we were a little ahead of the game and certainly on top of it.  She doesn't feel great, but she definitely doesn't feel as worse as she could so I'm very thankful.  She finally ate something tonight for supper so that's a good sign.  Oh how I'm praying no one else gets it!

On Fridays we sleep a little later.  Most of the day is spent cleaning the house and finishing up any school work that needs to be done or studying.  I used to plan field trips for Fridays, but the kids asked a long time ago to just stay home on Fridays since we go so much during the rest of the week.  We make it our goal to not go anywhere on Fridays now, and I'm not sad about it at all!  Today was obviously not a typical Friday, but since it's the last day of our "Day in the Life," I'm going to go with it anyway.  If you missed the rest of the week, you can catch up here:
Mondays
Tuesdays
Wednesdays
Thursdays

7:00AM - I love that my alarm clock goes off a little later on Fridays.  I get up and work on my BSF lecture until the kids wake up.  I usually begin laundry, too.

8:30AM - Hannah Kate was still sleeping so I decided to go ahead and wake her up.  She had a fever still so I decided we were definitely going to the doctor, mainly because I thought she had strep.

9:30AM - We head out the door to the doctor.  Mason and Ellie stayed in the waiting room while I went back with Hannah Kate.  Poor darling, she started crying when we got into the exam room.  We weren't there long, and I stopped by the big box store on the way home to get a few things.

11:45AM - We got back home, and I fixed lunch for Mason and Ellie.  I started another load of laundry and then disinfected the entire house from top to bottom.  It took the entire afternoon, and I didn't stop.

5:15PM - I finally stopped to begin supper.  Seth grilled hamburgers for us.

6:30PM - After we cleaned the kitchen, Seth and Ellie went outside to roast marshmallows.  We didn't have graham crackers or chocolate for s'mores, but it didn't matter.  Ellie just likes to roast marshmallows. 

7:30PM - I pulled my music for the Sunday morning worship service and worked on the audio visual stuff.  I also worked some more on my Sunday school lesson and gathered all of the supplies and things I need this week.

8:30PM - Seth is already asleep, Mason is playing with his friends on the x-box, Hannah Kate is curled up with a book and Ellie and I are snuggled on the couch together.

Today is one of my most favorite days of the year!  November 1 . . . I really try to love October, and I do, but it's usually just too hot.  But by this day, it's finally cooled off a little bit.  And I'm thinking how early is too early to get the Christmas decorations down from the attic . . .