For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
We did a thing this week.  I don't even know what got into me.  Actually, I do.  My children.  Mason likes to pick.  He gets it honest (and not from me).  

After I picked them up from Sequitur on Tuesday, I had to stop for gas.  I don't even know what happened, as Tuesdays are not days I have to get gas.  But whatever.  When I exited for the gas station, Mason jokingly asked if we could stop at Popeye's and get a chicken sandwich.  Now, he totally knows better.  Tuesdays are not our fast-food-for-lunch days.  And the only "fast food" I buy is Chic-fil-A and ice cream from Sonic or Dairy Queen.  Mason wasn't expecting me to say yes when he asked.  He was asking just to pick at me.  So imagine his shock (and delight) when I said YES!  
I can't even tell you how excited these children were.  Hannah Kate was so excited that she jumped over the seat while we were in the drive through and sat in the middle row (she doesn't like me to take pictures of her so I asked if I could take a picture of her back)!  She refuses to sit in the middle row these days and always sits in the third row.
I ordered two sandwiches, and we took them home and cut them into halves so every had a half.  Mason and Ellie loved it (theirs was plain with only bread and chicken).  I thought it would have lettuce and tomato on it, but it didn't.  Instead, it had a gross amount of mayo slathered all over the top and bottom of the chicken.  I don't like mayo.  Hannah Kate does, and even she said it was too much.

The next day we repented.  I always grab lunch at Chic-fil-A on Wednesdays after Bible study, and we take it home and eat it.  But this Wednesday we didn't even go through the drive through.  We went inside and sat down to eat.  And everyone had their own meal.  I'm sure there are lots of spiritual applications here.  But I won't go into all that.
This week was epic in my kids' minds.  They're still talking about that Popeye's chicken sandwich.  Somehow their MawMaw even got them one for lunch today so there's that, too.

And then there was this.
First of all, I have all the thoughts about this.  But I can't say a single one of them.  Georgia clinched the SEC East division title a couple of hours ago.  We're headed back to the ATL for to play for the 'ship.  And LSU is about to clinch the SEC West division title.  So you know what that means.  I've decided I just really don't like playing LSU.  As a matter of fact, I probably hate it.  It has nothing to do with them winning.  At least the husband is happy.  But it's hard on a marriage to be a house divided!  It also means I have to keep all the thoughts to myself.  It can be rather lonely cheering your team on from afar.  BUT.  There's still some more football to be had before then.

Oh, and you know what else happened this week?  I got to wear a sweater two days in a row.  And a scarf.  And my boots!  I'm telling you, I feel like I'm living my best life!  The weather has been, hands down, amazing!  

Yesterday Mason had an event at Sequitur.  The girls and I went shopping for our Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes while he was there.  I'd forgotten just how much fun it is to choose our gifts.  We'll have our little packing party next week.
Seth and I had a date night last night for the first time in FOREVER.  We found ourselves back at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant for my favorite bowl of pho.  That was the perfect ending to the week!