For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
4:45AM - I have no idea why in the world I thought it was a good idea to swap my hair washing day from Tuesday to Wednesday.  Because I just didn't like washing my hair this morning, and it didn't feel like a typical Wednesday.  But my hair is washed.

6:00AM - Woke the kids up to come downstairs and eat breakfast.  This morning they had cinnamon rolls.  While the kids are eating breakfast, I pack their snacks and drinks for the morning.  After they eat, they head back upstairs to get dressed and ready for school, and I wash the breakfast dishes and clean the kitchen.

6:45AM - We loaded up and headed out the door to school.

7:20AM - The kids are dropped off, and I spend the next hour sitting in the parking lot at the church practicing the lecture one more time.

8:00AM - I always stop by Starbuck's on Wednesday mornings before heading to church for BSF.

8:30AM - I'm at my "other church home" for a morning of Bible study.

11:15AM - After BSF on Wednesdays I always go through the drive-thru at Chic-fil-A for the kids.  It's my treat to them for a great week and my treat to myself in that I don't have to come home and fix lunch for them.  But today I had to stop by the funeral home first because one of our friend's fathers passed away.

12:20PM - Back at my "other church home" to pick up the children.  Usually we go straight home, but today I took them to get new shoes.  They all three needed new shoes for the cooler weather that is supposed to come our way over the next couple of days.  We unexpectedly scored a huge sale and found everything we needed.  Usually none of us enjoy shopping together.  I actually buy pretty much all of their clothes online and then return what doesn't work.  But I can't do that with shoes.  So they have to go with me.  But today was different.  We had great conversation and a lot of laughs.

2:15PM - Finally made it home.  The kids began school work while I started laundry and unloaded the dishwasher.  I sat down with Ellie to be sure she completed everything.  Once she was finished, I looked over my Sunday school lesson for this upcoming Sunday to see if there were any extra supplies I need to grab tomorrow.

5:15PM - Wednesday night is (currently) the only night of the week we don't have some sort of extra-curricular activity.  So that means we all get to sit down and eat supper together.  I'm always really tired by the time Wednesday afternoon rolls around, and sometimes it's hard to cook supper, but it's always worth it.  Tonight we had salad and spaghetti carbonara.  

6:30PM - Seth washes the dishes while I clean the kitchen.

7:30PM - Well, Hannah Kate wants to watch her show.  But the final game of the World Series is on, too.  But everyone decides to watch Hannah Kate's show first.  And then we settle in to watch the World Series and cheer on the Astros.

10:20PM - I'm trying to finish watching the game.  But I think I'm just too tired tonight.