For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
5:00AM - Gosh, it came early this morning.  I'm not sure what it was, but I felt even more tired than I usually do when I wake up.  I always wash my hair on Tuesday mornings, but I decided to dry shampoo on Tuesdays and wash on Wednesdays instead.  So maybe that's what it was.

6:00AM - Woke the kids up to come downstairs and eat breakfast.  This morning we had Sister Schubert's sausage wrap rolls.  While the kids are eating breakfast, I pack their snacks and drinks for the morning.  After they eat, they head back upstairs to get dressed and ready for school, and I wash the breakfast dishes and clean the kitchen.

6:40AM - We loaded up and headed out the door to school.

7:20AM - The kids are dropped off, and I spend the next hour sitting in the parking lot at the church reviewing all of my training materials for the morning and praying.

8:20AM - I head over to my "other church home" (as I call it) for BSF Leaders' Meeting.  

11:30AM - I head back to my "other church home" (because there are two of them) to pick up the kids from their morning at school.  They don't dismiss until 12:30 so I have awhile to sit and wait.  I do a lot of sitting in parking lots, but I keep a book and magazines in my Tahoe so I can read while I'm waiting on them.

1:15PM - We had rainy day carpool so it takes us a bit longer, and we got home a little later than usual.  As soon as we walked in the door, I prepared lunch for everyone.  After lunch I wash the dishes and clean the kitchen.

2:00PM - School work time.  I sit down with Ellie.  She doesn't need my help with her work, but she does need my help staying focused sometimes.  I guess because she had to spend the whole morning sitting quietly, she can't seem to stop talking once she gets home.  Oh, the stories!  Besides, she always asks me to sit with her, and it's my pleasure to do so.

3:15PM - School work is finished except for studying for tests and recitation so everyone works quietly on that while I start supper.  I have to prepare supper even earlier on Tuesdays so Hannah Kate can eat before she goes to dance, and it has to be an even quicker meal than Monday's because I don't have much time to do it.  Today I threw together a Mexican casserole.  Literally.  I browned some meat and then dumped a bunch of stuff in the pot.  My people don't appreciate casseroles very much, but I love them.

4:00PM - I take care of a few odds and ends, and Hannah Kate sits down to eat at 4:30.

4:45PM - Hannah Kate and I leave for dance.  Mason has youth on Tuesday nights, too.  I don't have to stay at the studio and wait on Hannah Kate on Tuesdays because she rides home with Abbie.  That has been a tremendous blessing and a huge help to me.  Besides, Hannah Kate loves it.  Abbie has been very sweet to stay a few minutes later and wait on Hannah Kate's last class to finish even though Abbie's has already finished.

6:00PM - I'm back home, and it's time to wash laundry.  The kids have only two sets of uniforms for school so I always wash them on Tuesday nights.  I also sit down and check over Mason's geometry homework that's due tomorrow.  I love love LOVE math, especially algebra, but geometry is my least favorite of the maths.  Mason does really well in math, but we figured out a long time ago it's very helpful to him if I go over his work and sit with him to make any needed corrections before he goes to class with it.  After that's finished, I sit down to make any final changes to the lecture for tomorrow.

7:30PM - The Astros are playing in the World Series and currently leading the series 3-2.  They're playing tonight so I sit down to watch the game and write this post.

8:00PM - Mason is back home so I fix supper for him.  He is the pickiest eater on the face of the planet so I always try to have leftovers of something he likes.  But tonight he had to settle for a sandwich and mac n cheese.  After he ate we looked at a few geometry problems together since we didn't have time to do that earlier.

8:30PM - Bedtime for Mason and Ellie.  He went camping this past weekend and still hasn't caught up on his sleep.

8:50PM - I leave to go meet Abbie so I can get Hannah Kate.  I go to her house so she doesn't have to come all the way down here.

9:15PM - Back home and folding laundry.  One more load to go.  It might not get folded tonight though.  Watching the World Series game again.

10:21PM - One inning left.  But I don't think I can do it.  Tomorrow comes so early.  And I have to wash my hair.  I need to practice the lecture again so I can time it after the revisions I made earlier.  Hopefully I'll crawl into bed by 11.