For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
We celebrated SEVEN years with this little ray of golden sunshine last week.  It's nearly impossible to remember our lives without her, and yet I still can't believe she's already seven years old!
She fills our home with giggles.  This girl has one of the best belly laughs I've ever heard, and she can hardly stop once she gets going.  It's contagious.  If you need a laugh, Ellie is your girl.
She loves to snuggle.  Actually, she loves to invade my personal space and lay on top of me all kinds of ways that leave my arm numb and a crick in my neck.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.
And the questions.  Oh, the questions!  She asks questions all. day. long.  Why does this and how that . . . and just when you think she can't possibly ask another, just when you think there's no other question to be asked . . . think again.  Because she's still asking questions!
Her favorite game is Apples to Apples.  I dare say you haven't lived until you've played Apples to Apples with Ellie.  It's just the biggest hoot.  
Her favorite food is tacos.  She asked for spaghetti for her birthday meal, but I still don't understand why.  Tacos are her favorite.  She loves scrambled eggs but only if she does the cracking and scrambling.  Really her favorite is salty junk food.  And candy.  Oh my goodness at the candy.  She doesn't care for chocolate or candy bars.  She wants jolly ranchers or sour patch kids or anything sour and gummy.  And she leaves the candy wrappers EVERYWHERE.  If you want to find Ellie, just follow the trail.  She will eat an entire bag of jolly ranchers or sour patch kids in a day.  And then she'll chew ten pieces of gum.  Let's just say she's lucky she's the third born and not the first born!
My girl LOVES to read.  Her favorite chapter series is The Boxcar Children.  We've always done read alouds, but this summer I let her read her summer reading chapter books by herself, and she thinks that's the greatest thing since sliced bread.  As a matter of fact, since she can read chapter books now, she thinks she's ready for college!
I can't wait to see what God does with this spunky monkey and exactly what His calling on her life will be.  She's the kind that could be a world changer.  I'm just so glad I have a front row seat.  It's been a wild ride thus far, and something tells me the adventure is only just beginning.  
And then we have the flips.  She can't go anywhere simply walking.  She has to flip or bend or cartwheel.  This summer she has been working on her back bend and back walkover (I think that's what it's called), and she's very excited to go back to gymnastics next month since she's moving up to the intermediate class.
This girls wears me out in the best way on pretty much a daily basis.  But, man, she sure is so much fun, and I wouldn't have it any other way!