For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Hurricane Barry rolled in on Saturday, but we didn't have a hurricane party.  We had a BIRTHDAY party . . . we celebrated 14 years with this guy right here.
We had originally planned to go skiing and tubing, but that obviously didn't work out.  And our power went off Friday afternoon so that was fun, too.  But we had a cake and candles and presents.
I could say lots of things about this kid.  I mostly can hardly believe it's been 14 years.  My son, my first born, the one who made me a Momma is growing up into a man right before my very eyes.  It seems like just yesterday I was holding this tiny baby - my baby - with the realization that my life, in an instant, had completely changed.  Most of it didn't go the way I thought it would, a lot of it is hard sometimes but all of it has been better than I ever imagined or thought it would be.  I'm just super thankful for this kid, his humility, tenacious spirit, easy-going personality, fierce loyalty, sensitive heart and positive attitude.  He has taught me a lot, loved me a lot, forgiven me a lot.  Fourteen candles shine bright, but he shines brighter!
Now, if you want to see what 14 years old really looks like, here you go.  I'm not sure if this is the orange Julius or orange justice or the floss or the wiggle or what.  Thank you, Fortnite.