For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
A couple of Saturdays ago, I broke one of my golden rules.  I went to Walmart on a Saturday (I mean, I really don't want to go to a Walmart on any day of the week!).  And not only did I go to Walmart on a Saturday, but I also went to the Walmart Seth told me he'd rather me not go to anymore.

I didn't need much, and it was going to make my Monday a lot easier.  Even though I really didn't want to, I went.  I was loading everything in the back of my truck, but I didn't realize my buggy was blocking the aisle in between me and the vehicle next to me, and a gentleman was trying to get through.  I quickly moved the buggy and apologized to him.  He just nodded and continued walking.  My buggy was empty so I turned around to push it to one of the cart stalls.  That same gentleman turned around, too, and started walking back towards me.  For a split second, I got nervous.

He then asked me if I would be interested in four tickets to the game that evening.  It was LSU's first home game of the season.  Needless to say, that's not at all what I was expecting him to say, and I'm sure the look on my face was rather puzzled.  So he asked me again and held out his hand so I could see the tickets.  He went on to tell me they were really good seats.  I told him that I was sure my husband and son would love to go to the game, and I offered to pay him for the tickets.  He refused and said that he had a lot more where those came from, and he really wanted to give them away.  So I took them and thanked him approximately 1,503 times.

Now obviously there are five people in our family, and I had only four tickets.  I considered using only two of them for Seth and Mason, but I really hated not to use them all.  And, of course, the girls couldn't wait to argue about who was NOT going to go.  Hannah Kate was adamant she didn't at all mind staying with MawMaw, and Ellie immediately explained in her outside voice why she did not want to go to the game.  As far as I was concerned, that was easy.  Neither one of them were going.

I didn't particularly want to go.  The last time I'd been to a game in Tiger Stadium was 2014 when Seth and I took Mason to his very first game.  We try every fall to get two tickets so Seth and Mason can go to at least one game, but I always stay home with the girls.  Seth begged me to go this time so I did.  I even wore my LSU shirt, mainly because I wasn't in the mood to be heckled.  I hadn't worn it since 2014 either.

We still had a ticket let so we invited one of Mason's buddies.  I'm going to be really honest.  I was totally expecting to get to the gate with our tickets only to be told that they were fake!  Needless to say, I breathed a sigh of relief when we got in.  But you know what was even better?  Our seats were IN THE SHADE.  And we had SEAT BACKS!  As good as those seats were, I'll bet the gentleman who gifted me those tickets watched the game kicked back in his recliner at home!

They played the Southeastern Lions (Seth's alma mater).  (Lions and Tigers, oh my!)  Honestly, the game was rather boring, and there really wasn't a whole lot of energy in the stadium.  (I much prefer an SEC matchup.)  But these guys had a great time.  And LSU won.
I've no idea who the gentleman is that gave me these tickets in the parking lot at Walmart, but it sure was a treat for my guys!  He made their day.  And I'm so thankful I decided to go to Walmart on a Saturday.  (Still don't plan on doing it again though!)

GO DAWGS.  (Y'all apparently rode the struggle bus into Mizzou today.)