For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
After a "day of rest," we were up bright and early again, ready for another day at the Magic Kingdom.  We arrived shortly after the park opened.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  Actually, it was perfect during our entire trip.  Storms popped up all around us, but it never rained where we were.  It provided just enough cloud cover to hold back the heat.  As I look back on our trip, I think this day was my favorite.  The park wasn't too crowded, we rode A LOT of rides and everyone just had a really good time.

We headed to Fantasyland first.  And, again, our first ride of the day was the teacups.  I love this topiary of Alice in Wonderland.
Seth and Mason went to ride Barnstormer.  So the girls and I went to ride . . . wait for it . . . Dumbo.
And then, because there was no line, we went right back and rode it again.  Why, cat, why?!  But this time Hannah Kate wanted to ride by herself.  I mean, since when is she big enough for this?!
The boys went to ride Splash Mountain so I took the girls to meet Ariel.

Hannah Kate finally worked up enough courage to ride Splash Mountain.  I was not expecting that one at. all.  And, unfortunately, I missed getting a picture of her coming down.  She said she enjoyed the ride, but that was not only her first time but last time on Splash Mountain.

And then Ellie and I ended up on Aladdin's Magic Carpet.  This was one of, I think, at least three times on this day.
Since all three of the kids rode Splash Mountain, we had to take a picture.
We rode several other rides (I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, and I honestly don't even remember which rides, but I know Winnie the Pooh was one of them) and then went to eat a hotdog at Casey's Corner.  This was Seth's request.  We finished lunch just in time for the dance party.  We had a perfect spot.
Mason and Hannah Kate had a good time dancing.  Until they realized their daddy was taking video of them.
It really was fun and a great opportunity to see more characters.

Ellie squealed when Judy Hopps came around.  She loved the Zootopia movie, and she really likes Judy Hopps.


The boys took a stroll through the Disney store while the girls went to meet Tinkerbell.  This Tinkerbell was the cutest little thing.  I mean, so cute!


And then we met the Mouse.  All of us.  This time I insisted on a picture with all five of us.  Seth is thrilled, as is Mason.  Ellie is upset because she wanted the Mouse all to herself.
As we made our way back down Main Street, we stopped at the candy store.  We paid too much for cotton candy in a Star Wars tub (said tub ended up in the garbage after the cotton candy was gone).  The girls opted for Mickey suckers.
We wanted to ride something, but we also wanted to rest.  Peoplemover to the rescue!  I can never ride this without thinking of Kennedy, my great-cousin.  When they went to Disney last winter, she told Jenn that the peoplemover was her favorite ride.  So we rode in her honor!
At some point earlier in the day, Seth and Mason rode the Tomorrowland Speedway.  Seth insisted that we all go ride.  I honestly was not excited about this at all.  But we did.  Ellie and I rode together, Seth and Hannah Kate rode together and Mason rode by himself. Y'all.  It's been a long time since I laughed this hard.  But this was the funniest thing ever! As a matter of fact, it was so much fun that we rode it two more times.
Ellie had been begging to ride the carousel so that was our last stop.  The big kids didn't want to ride (but you better believe they'll be begging me to pay $2.50 for them to ride the carousel at the local mall here . . . no sir and no ma'am).
Mason couldn't pass up the sword in the stone without stopping for a photo op.

Hannah Kate wanted a turn, too.
But if anyone is going to get that sword out of the stone, it will be this girl.  Hands down.
We left the park and went back to our condo.  We ordered pizza for supper.  It was the perfect ending to the perfect day.