For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
It's Wednesday.  It's been a long week.  It's been one of those weeks that seems to add years to your life.  But here we go.

WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK
Monday night we had dance and baseball so I pulled some homemade spaghetti sauce out of the freezer for a super quick meal.  Last night we had baseball again so I packed a picnic for everyone.  We had baseball again tonight (do you notice a trend here?) so I picked up Subway.  I have no idea what's on the menu for tomorrow night.  But we don't have baseball!

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT
Last night we had to make a little trip to the ER (I'll tell you all about that one tomorrow).  It brought back lots of memories of when Ellie broke her arm.  That's really not what I want to be reminiscing about, but that's what I've been thinking a lot about.

WHAT I'M LOVING
My husband.  I just really love my husband.

WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO
We've had lots of baseball and lots of dance!  Tomorrow Mason and Hannah Kate will both finish math for the entire year so we're coming to the end of our very first homeschool year.  Last week we had revival services at our church.  So, yes, it's been busy.  I'm really and truly ready for a little break.  I feel like I could sleep for days.

WHAT I'M DREADING
It looks like May is going to be the month of doctor's appointments.  We have check-ups and such scheduled with several different doctors.  I'm looking forward to going to the dentist, but that's about it!  And taking the kids to the doctor is not one of my favorite things to do.

WHAT I'M WORKING ON
If I have the energy, I hope to finish Ellie's room tomorrow.  I just haven't had time in between dance, baseball, homeschool and the revival.  But I really wanted to be finished by the end of April, which is Saturday, so hopefully tomorrow will be the day.  I started planting my garden last week.  I'm about halfway finished so I hope to complete that tomorrow or Friday.  And preparation for VBS is now in full swing so I have a lot going on with that, too.

WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT
I'm really looking forward to the girls' dance recital next weekend.  I'm also excited about finishing our first homeschool year.

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING
Mason and I are currently reading Summer of the Monkeys.  Y'all.  That is a hilarious little book!  We're enjoying it.  I'm also finally reading Killing Lincoln.  It is so absolutely fascinating to me!  I know.  I'm weird.  But I'm almost done, and I can't wait to finish it.  I'm going to read Killing Kennedy next.  This year I'm also reading through the entire Bible again.  I read an Old Testament passage, a New Testament passage, a Psalm and a verse or two in Proverbs everyday.  Well, most everyday.  Sometimes I miss a day and then have to catch up a couple of days.

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO
Right now, nothing.  And the silence is golden!

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND
Well, Friday night I'm chaperoning a youth group trip to Area 51 again.  I don't plan on getting on the trapeze this time!  I mean, just watch the video from last time!  Hannah Kate has dance practice on Saturday.  We have a birthday party on Saturday.  And Sunday is the usual church day.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH
I've already mentioned this, but I'm looking forward to the dance recital and the end of our homeschool year.  I've been invited to the high school graduation for a special friend of mine so I'm looking forward to that.  And May is just one step away from our beach trip the first week in June!  So that's what I'm most looking forward to.

WHAT ELSE IS NEW
I mentioned earlier that we took a little trip to the ER last night.  We hit a milestone in our family but not one I'd necessarily like.  I can now say that all three of our children have required trips to the ER.  Believe it or not, Hannah Kate was the very first.  Even though she's been the most (three times), two of those times were in the middle of the night when her asthma flared up, and I couldn't do anything to help her at home.  So that really doesn't count.  The other time was when she fell off the barstool and landed on her head on the ceramic tile floor.  That was an ambulance ride, too.  She was not even two years old when that happened.  And, of course, there was the time Ellie broke her arm.  Last night it was Mason's turn.  But I'll tell you all about that tomorrow.