For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Two and a half weeks ago, my punkins carved their pumpkins (yes, I am just now getting around to it!).

Their MawMaw got them one of those little pumpkin carving kits that has all of the carving knives and templates included.  So they each picked out their template (which the directions said to adhere to the pumpkin by wetting it and then wrapping it with plastic wrap . . . NOTE TO SELF: plastic wrap is totally worthless!  Next time, use tape.).  I honestly wasn't sure how well this was going to go over.  This is the first time we've ever carved pumpkins.  Yes.  Don't judge.  I'm excited to say it won't be our last though!
Look.  I was nervous.  Mason and sharp objects don't usually go together.  But it wasn't that bad, and I was able to remain "hands off" until he asked for my help.

I was really proud of Mason.  He doesn't usually hang in there with tedious projects.  But he did this time.  By the time he was done, the template had slipped off and ripped and wasn't lined up properly, but I was able to "fix" his pumpkin with just a little cut here and there.  Mason's design was a happy bat.
Hannah Kate was really into this (as was Ellie).  She spent an hour carving her pumpkin and did it totally all by herself.
Again, she had the same issue with the template and the plastic wrap.
When it was all said and done, her design was an upside down bat.  Just go with that.  She was super proud of her work.
Ellie picked out a crazy face for her pumpkin.  And then yours truly carved the whole thing!  But, honestly, I didn't finish it.  I left off a couple of things because, by that time, I was pretty much done.  This was also the day of the deer.  The thing kept wanting to eat our pumpkins (he'd already finished off my garden!) so I had to keep shooing him away.
And here are my punkins with their pumpkins!