For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
I planted my winter garden a couple of months ago.  And I've hardly looked at it since.  But today I picked my New Year's cabbage right out of my garden.  One of my plants actually produced TWO cabbage heads.  Does that mean I have double luck . . . maybe 2015 really will be my year?!
And for lunch . . . I'm always so excited to cook New Year's Day lunch . . . The black eyed pea cakes with cranberry salsa were so delish last year that I just had to do them again.  And the cabbage was definitely the best I've ever cooked.  I also made Seth's favorite scalloped potatoes.
But don't worry.  I also cooked a hunk of meat for the rest of my people so they did have some meat on their plates.  And I made my homemade macaroni and cheese for Mason since he doesn't eat any of this other stuff.

This afternoon Seth built a little bonfire in the backyard so we roasted hotdogs and s'mores for supper.  The children absolutely loved it! 




As it got dark, we lit the rest of the sparklers we had left over from our little New Year's Eve fireworks show last night.

And that, my friends, is a Happy New Year indeed!