For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Dear Mason,

You are NINE YEARS OLD today!  I can still remember that day nine years ago like it was yesterday.  It took a long time to get you into this world.  I still can't describe even today what it was like the first time I held you.  I'd held many, many babies before you.  But you were MINE.  Well, you are the Lord's, but He'd chosen to entrust you to ME as your Momma.  And that thought and feeling were pure bliss.

I used to want to go back to those days of holding you, those days when you were a baby.  I LOVED those days.  But during your ninth year of life, I realized how much I love THESE days with you!  I am so excited that you are nine years old today!  You continue to amaze me, and I am in awe of the little man that you are becoming everyday.  I look forward to the opportunity of watching you grow into what will soon be a 'tween and then a teen.  Because I think you're one cool dude!

Here are some memories from YOUR day.

When you woke up this morning, your door was closed.  And when you opened, you were bombarded with balloons falling on your head!
After church we sang "Happy Birthday" and ate cake and ice cream.  Cookie cakes are your favorite.
Apparently Aunt April and Aunt Ashley thought you were a really good boy this year!  You can hardly wait to get in the pool with this thing!
Mimi went all out when she shipped your birthday box.  And your baby sister kept wanting to photo bomb all of your pictures today!
You'd already figured out what was in Mimi's box when you saw our gift to you.


I loved watching you play basketball when we were at Pop and Mimi's house earlier this summer.  I didn't realize what a good little basketball player you are!  So we got you a basketball goal for your birthday!  Daddy is almost finished putting it up for you.
Happiest of birthdays to you, my Mason!  I love you!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  ~Jeremiah 29:11

With love,
Mom (because that's what you call me most of the time)