For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Oh my goodness.  Just this.  Most people assume I come home the Friday after VBS and crash.  I don't.  I come home and clean.  Because I haven't cleaned like I want to since before Mason's boys' night.  And stuff is everywhere and hasn't been put up all week.  But I AM caught up on laundry because I wash clothes every night so we can wear our VBS shirts everyday.  But right now I am so tired that I am delirious.  I haven't slept good in a very long time.  I'm thinking that won't be a problem tonight!

What a week it was!  We had a record enrollment of 114 kids who came to hear the Gospel message of Jesus Christ and have a whole lot of fun along the way.  On a good Sunday morning, we might have 15 kids in Sunday School.  That's a GOOD Sunday morning.  And three of those kids are mine.  

The kids brought $910.63 in penny wars to benefit our missionaries.  It was a friendly little competition between the girls and the boys.  The girls won.  I have to admit . . . I was shocked this morning when they brought in a whopping 80 pounds worth of change this morning to put a whooping on the boys!  And, contrary to popular belief, it was not rigged (nor was it rigged back in 1999, but that's a whole 'nother story!).  So, yet again, I escaped what was this year "slime."  I thought for sure my number was up.  Next year, boys.  Next year!
I am still in awe of the increase the Lord blessed us with this year.  It was worth it.  All of it, every single bit of it was worth it.  And I'll do it all over again next year.  But first, sleep.  Just sleep.