For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. ~Billy Graham

I am forever grateful for the blessing of a Godly father and grandfathers.  I'm also forever thankful that my children will share in that same heritage.
Mason, Hannah Kate and Ellie were super excited to give their Daddy his Father's Day gift.  They have a hard time keeping secrets so I don't usually take them shopping with me or tell them what I got.  But I didn't have a choice this time.  They did such a great job keeping their secret and even did it for four days.  I was really proud of them, especially since they had to wait until nearly the end of the day before we had a chance to give Seth his present.

I was a little excited, too.  Okay, so I was a lot excited.  But I was also a little nervous.  I knew it would either be the best idea ever or the worst.  I saved the receipt.
But apparently I did a pretty good job.  I mean, look at this smile.
Now we have a tube and a rope.  Now we need a boat.