For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
And yet again, it's OUR day!  In case you don't know, I share my birthday with two of my cousins.  Not many people can say that.  I've always thought that one of the most special things about my birthday is that I share it with my cousins.  This was my 4th birthday and Cindy's 21st birthday, I think.  One of my most favorite birthday memories ever is the flowers that Cindy would send me at school year after year after year.  She sent me flowers today, too.  Tulips!  My favorite!  A very bright, very sweet ending to what has been a rather difficult week.
I spent my day doing what I do best, doing what I always do.  I spent lots of time in the kitchen, and it was sheet washing day, as all Thursdays are.  I spent the evening at a ladies' fellowship at my church.

Ellie was feeling much better today and seemed to have a bit of her sassy self back.  She seemed more like Ellie today.  She's sleeping good now, and she isn't requiring as much pain medication.  The swelling in her fingers is gone.  I still can't get over how big her cast is.  She could do some damage with that thing.  And I'm hoping she doesn't figure that out.  I noticed this evening that she was knocking it against the kitchen cabinet.  She seemed to like the noise it made.  Let's just hope she doesn't elevate to bigger and better uses for that cast!  Everyone keeps telling me that three weeks isn't that long.  I'm not quite there yet.

I received lots of sweet birthday messages and phone calls, and I'm ready to go shopping with my generous gifts.

It was a good day!

When I got home from church tonight, I found this birthday card on the table that my sweet big girl made for me while I was gone.  I'm loving how skinny I am in this picture!  And I'm wearing my favorite color, green.
I received lots of lovely, beautiful cards today.  But I think this one has to be my favorite!