For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Exactly six years ago, I was holding this tiny bundle of pure joy and all pink!
Hannah Katherine Bayham was born December 4, 2007.  And from the first moment I saw her and even until now, she still takes my breath away! 
That precious, darling baby girl is growing up.
She might be six years old today, but she's still my baby girl!
Today I surprised Hannah Kate at school with a mini-party for her.  We had cupcakes and ice cream.  The cupcakes had these super cute ballerina slippers on top that I didn't know until the kids were pulling them out were actually rings!
And today was just the beginning of what will be a nearly week and a half long birthday celebration.  We gave Hannah Kate a small gift today of books and coloring books, but her "real" gift will be given to her on Friday.  It's a surprise!  It's not to her because it's what she asked for.  But she doesn't want anyone else to know yet.  She loves surprises, just like her Momma.  We'll have a little family birthday party celebration this Sunday after church.  Her party is next Saturday.  She requested a spa party and wanted to get her nails done.  Now, I thought about this.  I really did.  I envisioned little tubs of warm water and bath oils.  I envisioned nail polish and painting 100 fingers and toes.  Can I tell you how quickly that vision went out the window?!  So next Saturday Hannah Kate and a few of her friends are going to Ms. Prissy Princess girls' spa for a morning of pampering.  They will have manis and pedis, get their hair done and a makeover.  And then they'll dress in tutus and boas and take a walk down the runway.  It's a Glitz and Glam party! And the best part is I don't have to do a thing!  I don't even have to take pictures because they do that, too!

This girl.  She is even more beautiful on the inside than she is on the outside!  I love her spirit.  I love her tender-heartedness.  I love the way she giggles.  I love that she dances around the house from room to room.  I love that she's a girlie girl to the max!

God has big plans for this one!  What an honor to be her Momma!