For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
We have lots to celebrate in July . . . two really special birthdays to be exact!  Mason was 8 years old on Saturday, and Ellie will be a year old tomorrow.  So yesterday after church we had a little lunch and cake and ice cream with PawPaw, MawMaw and MawMaw Mac.  Mason's menu of choice was hamburgers and my homemade mac n cheese.  And, of course, he wanted a cookie cake again.  Here's to 8 years!
 Mason opened a few gifts. 
 And Ellie . . . well, she wasn't very impressed!  Honestly, Sundays are still a little bit hard because she is so tired by the time church is over that she usually gets cranky.  And she's hungry.  So by the time we got around to eating cake, she was done.  She buried her head in the corner of her high chair and wailed!  As in the UGLY CRY! 
She would have none of it.
The lit candle finally got her attention only long enough for me to snap a quick picture in which she actually wasn't screaming.  She wasn't happy.  But she wasn't screaming.
She did perk up enough to enjoy some of her cake, an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.  She actually couldn't get enough of it!  So we'll see what happens this weekend when we have her "real" party and more cake!

I had some other pictures to share, but my computer and my internet have quit on me so I guess that's it for tonight!