For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Dear Mason,

Eight years ago today, I held you for the very first time, heard your newborn wail, kissed your soft baby skin and gazed in wonder and amazement at the new little person entrusted to my care and guidance and protection.  I became a mom.  I loved you so much that day.  As much as I loved you then, I somehow love you more now!  I didn't know that was possible, but it is.

And since that day, you have grown up right before my eyes.  It seems like yesterday though.  Can you really be eight years old today?

You love baseball and dancing.  You love riding your bike and swimming.  You love fishing.  You love video games.  You love root beer.  Blue is your favorite color.  Math is your favorite subject.

I have never been more proud of you than I have been during this last year. 

You welcomed another sister into our family.  You are the BEST BIG BROTHER EVER!  I am amazed at how well you and Hannah Kate get along and play together.  I am also amazed at the tender way you take care of Ellie, the way you protect her.  Both Hannah Kate and Ellie are so blessed to have such an awesome big brother!

You answered the Lord's call on your life and accepted Him as your Savior and Lord.  I love watching your child-like faith grow and learn more about Jesus.  I don't know the extent of God's plan for your life, but I do know that you are destined for great things in His kingdom's work.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that you are the most courageous, most determined, strongest boy I know!  In the midst of what could have been so discouraging, you never gave up.  You didn't quit.  You kept fighting, and you did it with a positive attitude and a smile on your face.  You should've been the one leaning on me to get you through.  But, instead, I had to lean on you, and you brought me through!  My promise to you is that I will not give up, and I will continue to fight for you with everything I have.  You are so smart, and I know you're going to fulfill your dream of being a dentist one day.  I know that you can and will do anything and everything you set your mind and heart to. 

It is an honor to be your mom, and I love everyday with you!

I love you!
Momma