For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
I needed today.  We needed today.  And it was WONDERFUL!

Mason didn't have school today.  I have to admit I was a bit anxious when he woke me up at 3:30am screaming that his ear hurt.  I figured our "day off" would be spent at the pediatrician's office.  But it wasn't.  I calmed him down and got him back to sleep.  He slept late and didn't remember the early morning ear ache, nor did he complain with it anymore throughout the day.  I loved having a day that wasn't dictated by an alarm clock or school work.  I was fine to stay in pajamas all day, but the kids did change clothes because they wanted to play outside and thought it just impossible to play outside in pajamas.  I think they brushed their teeth, but I'm not sure that they combed their hair.  And you know what?  That's okay!

I spent the day catching up on laundry, cleaning and monogramming.  Now that's the life!  Really though, those things needed to be done, and I feel so good about how productive my day was.  That's rare these days.  My favorite part of the day though was being outside and jumping on the trampoline with Mason and Hannah Kate.  It was a gorgeous fall day!  The temperature was perfect!  And, according to Pat Shingleton, we won't see the 70s again until perhaps the weekend.  Love it!  It was breezy, and the leaves were falling.

Here they are at the end of the day . . . Mason with his chocolate ice cream moustache, Hannah Kate with her wind-blown hair and Ellie still in her pajamas.
The past two weeks have been so so busy for Mason and me.  In addition to his class president project, he also had a science project due.  I printed several different science project ideas and let him pick the one he wanted to do.  I was really hoping he would choose the one that involved M&Ms and survival of the fittest (mainly because I could've made an awesome display board with that theme!), but he didn't.  He wanted to grow crystals.  So that's what we did.  We grew crystals in three different temperature conditions (room temperature, refrigerator and ice water bath) to determine in which environment we could grow the purest, clearest crystals.  I have to admit I enjoyed doing this board, too!
GIVING THANKS | Day 12:  I'm thankful for lazy days and comfy pajamas.  I'm thankful for cool weather and falling leaves.  I'm thankful for the wind that blows.  I'm thankful that all three of my children were home all day with me.  I'm thankful for the smell of freshly laundered sheets.  I'm thankful for the priviledge of making house and home a warm, welcoming, cozy place to be.