For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Wow.  What a day.  Election Day 2012.  I've been looking forward to this day for quite some time and for so many reasons.  I voted today, and I took all three of the children with me.  This was especially meaningful to me, and I hope to Mason also, since he was introduced to the voting process and the structure of our government in his recent Social Studies unit.  So as I was in that voting booth with them, I explained step-by-step what I was doing and who I was voting for and why.  And then I let Mason cast my ballot:
I did not have to stand in line to vote today.  This is Bayou Blue, after all.  But I can say I'm so disappointed that my precinct didn't give out I voted! stickers.  I mean, that was going to be the highlight of my day . . . I was going to get a sticker for all three of the children and take their picture for my blog.  But there were no stickers to be had out here in Bayou Blue.  So I told the poll workers that I wanted stickers next time.  I'm fairly certain they thought I was crazy.

While I won't share my political views with you or even discuss my reaction to the election results as they're being reported right now, here's what I can say with absolute certainty:

My hope does not rest in the outcome of this election nor in either of the two political candidates seeing the Presidency.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.  ~Psalm 20:7

Neither of the presidential candidates have the answers for our country.  The only hope for our country is the Lord Jesus Christ.
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

And while so many things in our nation grieve my heart, and while I am concerned about the moral and spiritual decay that's rampant in our country, I am proud to be an American!  I was proud to cast my vote today!  We have freedoms that those in other parts of the world do not have.  I truly believe we do not even understand the breadth of the freedoms and liberties we have in this country as compared to other places.

And, yall, I'm proud of something else today.  My cousin Brian Strickland was elected to the STATE HOUSE (District 111 in Henry County) in GEORGIA today!  Brian is my youngest cousin on my dad's side.  His mom is my dad's sister.  As a matter of fact, his mom is my Aunt Lynne, who I'm middle-named after.  Brian recieved his Juris Doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2009 and returned to his beloved Henry County to practice law.  I always knew he would enter politics but didn't know it would come this soon.  And I am so stinkin proud!

It must've been cold in Georgia today!  Here he is with his two precious nieces, Sydney and Rylynne (his sister / my cousin Ashley's daughters).  The whole family was out today waving signs.
And here is a screen shot of the official results as reported on Atlanta's local FOX affiliate station:
One day . . . maybe even sooner than I think . . . I'm going to be voting Brian Strickland for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

GIVING THANKS | Day 6:  I am thankful to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.  I am thankful for the right to vote.  I am thankful that I can rest at peace because my hope is found in my LORD JESUS CHRIST.