For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Just so you know, there will be nothing astounding in this post, no words of wisdom, no anecdotes, no funny stories . . . I'm posting this simply to "catch up."  That's it.  I am so very tired these days that I just haven't felt like posting anything.  By the time I get a minute to myself, it's really late, and it's time for bed.

Isaac came and went.  Rather slowly, I might add.  The worst part, of course, was being without power for three days.  The first day and a half was okay.  And then it went down hill from there.  There were some tired, grumpy, HOT people in this house, including myself.  I really tried not to go there, but I still have a lot of selfishness bound up in this old flesh.  Seth's parent's got their electricity restored the second night so we did what all desperate, hot parents with three young children would do.  We packed our bags to go sleep in the air conditioning!  Besides being hot and without electricity, the children handled the storm so well.  It didn't seem to bother them at all.  We had a generator so we didn't lose anything in our refrigerator or freezer and kept the fans, lights and the all-important TV running.  Since we have a gas cook-top, I was able to cook our meals.  We had warm water, too.  We were so blessed.  We remained on the western edge of the storm so it wasn't nearly as bad as what had been predicted for our area.  But the best part was that Seth didn't work that week, and Mason didn't have school.  So I got really spoiled.  That led into the Labor Day holiday weekend.  So we were all here together for a whole week!

Our summer ended much like it began . . . a weekend with all the cousins and pool time.  Avery and Beau were here for the long Labor Day weekend. Here are a few random pictures, most of which are at the pool.  And, by the way, you won't see Beau in any of the pool pictures.  I mentioned our summer ended much like it began.  Well, it did so in more ways than one.  When the boys were here Memorial Day, Beau couldn't swim because his arm was in a sling after having fallen out of a tree.  This time around he arrived with eight stitches in his foot so, yet again, he couldn't go swimming.
Oh, I guess I could mention that Isaac took with him another tooth!  Now Mason has two missing teeth on the bottom.  There are three others that won't be far behind.
 After it was all said and done, we had to get back into the swing of things with school and dance and work.  That was no fun, as we'd finally settled in to our new normal, but everything worked out okay.  This week will add two other things to our schedule and then we should be good to go.  The Bible study I attended last year starts again tomorrow and will be every Wednesday.  Hannah Kate is so excited to be going back to "VBS in Baton Rouge," as she calls it.  I'm interested to see how Ellie is going to do.  I'll keep her with me.  And then Mason has his first Boy Scouts meeting on Thursday.  First of all, yes, that's the same day as dance lessons.  So thank goodness Boy Scouts meet only once a month.  And second of all, I just have to be honest.  I'm not looking forward to it.  I really don't know anything about Boy Scouts.  My brother never did that.  And I guess I just equate Boy Scouts with camping.  For those of you who don't know me, you should know that I do not like camping.  My idea of camping is a Holiday Inn with a black and white TV.  But, anyway, Mason is really excited about this whole Boy Scouts thing, so I'm just having to grin a bear it.

And with that, it is late, and I am going to bed.  Right after I nurse . . . story of my life . . . nursing, that is, not going to bed!