For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Well, there's a game today . . . how can I forget? So, in the spirit of things, we donned some LSU regalia. I include myself in the "we." And Emily Bennett, too. You haven't met her yet, but you soon will. For those of you "not in the know," she is an Americal Doll.

So here "we" all are. It was the end of the day, and I know we're looking rough. But it was the best I could do with the children and the automatic timer on my camera.

My shirt came compliments of Connor. It was one of the many goodies in my Christmas gift basket. I call it my bling bling shirt. Tiny rhinestones are in the shape of a fleur de lis with a tiger paw at the top and Tigers written across the middle. I wore it all day. In public. I felt like everyone was staring at me. I know they weren't. I guess it was just an out-of-body experience.

There are some things I do not blog about. Football is one of them. I've found it's just better to leave some things unsaid. That would be why there wasn't a post about the SEC Championship game between Georgia and LSU. That's also why I'll keep my predictions about tonight's game to myself. The only thing I can honestly say is that I hope this game isn't as boring as the last one between LSU and Bama. I appreciate a good defense, but sometimes I think it can just be too much of a good thing.

May the best team win.