For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
And that pretty much sums up the last two weeks!

I haven't been able to blog because my computer died. Yes. Died. Thank goodness I had just barely completed our family Christmas card. I was a lot later than usual getting them out this year because I wanted to include the baby's sonogram picture on our card. But, unfortunately, I hadn't finished my monogram orders. My software is on my computer, and there was nothing I could do. So I had to return several Christmas orders with huge apologies. Not to mention I hadn't done any of my OWN monogramming! But all is well now, and I have time to at least finish my stuff.

Having said that, you haven't missed much. I vividly remember why I said when I was pregnant with Hannah Kate that I could not go through that again. It. is. MISERABLE. It will be worth it in the end. I know that. But right now I'm just ready to feel better! If I were not convinced that this baby is a gift, a blessing from our Lord, I think I would just sit down and cry.

I have so many unfinished Christmas projects, so many things I wanted to do that I just haven't been able to do. I wanted to spend a day baking goodies for our neighbors and friends. I've hardly been able to look at my kitchen during the past five weeks. The garland I bought to decorate the stair rail with is still laying in my foyer. The toppers for the Christmas trees never got done. There are decorations still in the attic that never came down. And some that did are still sitting in the garage where they were put when they were brought down. I wanted to take a trip to New Orleans one evening to see the fabulous lights display in City Park. I wanted to go for a ride on Christmas Eve night to see the bonfires burning along the levee to light the way for Papa Noel. There were several crafts I wanted to do with Mason and Hannah Kate. I never found Christmas pj's for them. Oh well. I guess the good news is that I can just save all those ideas for next year.

We have our girl name picked out but not the boy name. Seth had the bright idea that we should let Mason choose the boy name (with a little guidance, of course). So Seth and I made a list of three or four names that we really like, and we asked Mason about them. He didn't like any of them! And when we asked for his ideas, he didn't have any. The next day he told me that he wants to name the baby Mason. So I explained that we can not have two Masons. He said, "That's okay. We can call him Little Mason and me Big Mason." He was serious.

And Hannah Kate has decided that she wants a BROTHER. I really think she has very seriously thought this through. She has realized that there just might be something in it for her if she is the only girl. She's a smart one.

But now we are celebrating the birth of another baby. But this wasn't just any ordinary baby.

There were sheepherders camping in the neighborhood. They had set night watches over their sheep. Suddenly, God's angel stood among them and God's glory blazed around them. They were terrified. The angel said, "Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for EVERYBODY, worldwide: A SAVIOR has been born in David's town, a Savior who is MESSIAH and MASTER. This is what you're to look for: a baby wrapped in a blanket and lying in a manger. At once the angel was joined by a huge angelic choir singing God's praises: Glory to God in the heavenly heights, peace to all men and women on earth who please him. ~Luke 2:8-14, The Message