For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Dear Hannah Kate,

I can not believe you are FOUR years old today! It seems like just yesterday we brought you home, and you changed our world. You have been such a blessing, such a joy. And you have always been my girl ever since!
I have enjoyed everyday we've spent together! You add so much spunk and laughter to each new day. You've always had such a playful spirit, such a sweet spirit, too.
You are such a good sister, and Mason adores you. You are so smart! Your favorite cartoon is Dora the Explorer. I don't mind that too much because you can count to 10 in Spanish. Your favorite color has always been pink, but now you really like purple, too. You love to read. And you love to take care of your baby dolls, especially changing their clothes and brushing their hair. Your favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs. You love to help me in the kitchen and often ask to bake lemon maringue pie. You know all of your letters and letter sounds; you can count to 30; and you love rhyming words. You can write your name (even though the N's are still backwards). And you color the most beautiful pictures, always staying in between the lines. I love watching you color because you always make sure the girls have on some color eyeshadow and lipstick! I've watched you grow into a sweet little lady. You have such a soft and tender heart. You love Jesus, and I love listening to your prayers each night. He has big plans for you!And now you're going to be a big sister! Happy Birthday, baby girl. You've been asking for a baby to come live with us for a long time. It won't be much longer now. I look forward to sharing that journey with you, too. Our new baby is so blessed to have such a wonderful big brother in Mason and a wonderful big sister in you!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~Jeremiah 29:11-13