For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
So if you haven't already figured it out, we're EXPECTING! It goes a little something like this.

Baby Bayham 3 is due July 20. But I will have another scheduled c-section. My doctor, Dr. W, initially targeted July 13 as the date; however, I told her that doesn't work for me. You can imagine her surprise. And then I explained that July 13 is Mason's birthday, and I do not want to schedule the 13th. So I suggested the 16th. But she's not crazy about waiting that long so it might be the 12th. I have my first ultrasound scheduled this Tuesday, and Dr. W said she would know more then.

Most were surprised by our announcement, and that's the way we like it! We've been trying to get this baby here for many months now, which was a much different experience for us. I mean, we just looked at each other, and Hannah Kate came along! I'm just 8 weeks along. Usually we would've waited a few more weeks before sharing our news, but the timing was just right since it was Hannah Kate's birthday, and my parents were in town from Georgia. So this is the first time we've been able to tell both sets of parents together. Besides, imagine the shock in the room when Hannah Kate pulled out her shirt saying, "big sis!" I'll have to see if I can figure out how to upload the video.

We will not be finding out the gender of this baby until he/she is born. But, if you really must know, the Chinese pregnancy calendar says we're having a boy.

Having said all of that . . . I've looked forward for many months to being pregnant again, but I was also hoping to escape the extreme nausea and sickness that accompanied my pregnancy with Hannah Kate. Let's just say that Zofran is my best friend right now, and even he is not doing the trick. I feel absolutely horrid, and it gets increasingly difficult as each day goes on to take care of Mason and Hannah Kate. But the good news is that the nausea doesn't set in until lunch time so I'm at least able to get Mason off to school without any problems. Besides, next week is his last week of school before Christmas break so we're all looking forward to that. But right now I'd just like to lay in my bed and fall asleep until the second trimester! The sickness subsided around 16 weeks with Hannah Kate and then at 20 weeks I repainted our entire house (except the bedrooms and bathrooms) so I'm hoping I'll pick up that same burst of energy this time around, too.

In the meantime, no matter how bad I feel . . . it's such a blessing to be carrying this child, especially when I thought I might never again be with child. July seems like such a long time away, and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little one with more anticipation as each day goes by.