For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11

Favorite Pin - Again, no time for pinning this week. But my one and only pin . . . definitely my fav!Favorite Activity - I don't necessarily have a favorite activity this week. There were so many fun, spontaneous moments. Everyday moments. I can tell you that sitting in the Louisiana Department of Public Safety Office of Motor Vehicles on Tuesday morning to renew the registration on my Tahoe that EXPIRED in AUGUST (Are you kidding me?!? Something else to keep up with?!? I had no idea until I went to get an inspection sticker - mine expired last month - that my registration had expired because I never received a notice from the OMV and didn't realize it was my responsibility to be "in the know" about that.) for 45 minutes with two screaming toddlers that did not belong to me was not a favorite. PawPaw got us some strawberry plants this week so Mason and Hannah Kate helped him plant those in our strawberry pots. On Tuesday afternoon the temperature dropped from the mid-80s to the mid-40s so I threw open the windows so the crisp, cool air could blow through the house. I can't even begin to tell you how exciting that was! We had a really awesome time of Bible reading and devotion with Mason and Hannah Kate each night this week. I enjoyed going back to BSF on Wednesday. And, if you missed her, Dolly Dingkle came for a visit.

Favorite Delivery - My Christmas tree arrived this week! Woot woot! After last year's Christmas tree disaster, I can not wait! I asked Seth if we can go ahead and put it up. I got the look. But think about it. We'll be in Georgia for Thanksgiving this year. And the following weekend we're back in Louisiana will be Hannah Kate's birthday party. So that means I have to get all of my Christmas decorations up BEFORE we leave to go to Georgia. And October is really nearly over. November is just around the corner. So why not?!

Favorite Meal - Hands down . . . homemade lasagna! I decided this week to go back to the basics, back to our favorites, back to my roots. And this lasagna was one of the best I've ever made. But I did sneak in a new salad recipe - Roasted Red Onion Salad with Garlic Vinaigrette - that's definitely on my list of favorites for fall salads. And I also have to mention the Toffee Apple Dip. Oh. My. Goodness. We had our Women's Fellowship Meeting at church last night, and this was one of the appetizers I took; however, I think it might also fall in the dessert category, too. Cream cheese (8-oz.) brown sugar (3/4 cup), granulated sugar (1/4 cup), vanilla (1 teaspoon) and toffee bits (8-oz package). Enough said. Just mix it all together and dive into it with your favorite apple . . . my personal favorite is Granny Smith . . . or a spoon. You'll thank me later.

Favorite Quote - Mama, sometimes I'm bad to you. I have to admit . . . I had no idea what Mason was talking about when he told me this. It was Tuesday night, and we'd just finished reading Hannah Kate's choice of Bible story and were about to read Mason's. I thought maybe he'd said he was mad at me so I asked him to repeat what he said. And then I still wasn't sure so I asked him to give me an example. That's when he told me that sometimes he does bad things, things he isn't supposed to do or say. So I told him that it's okay. We all do bad things. I do bad things. And that means that sometimes I need to say I'm sorry and ask forgiveness, even from him. Then I had the opportunity to share with him about Jesus' sacrifice for us, for him . . . that's why Jesus died on the cross. Because He knew we'd do bad things, things that would keep us away from God. But now we can ask forgiveness, and it is ours. I've had several opportunities during the past few months to witness to my son about a saving relationship and belief in Jesus Christ. He's getting close; I just know it! And I continue to pray over him, to pray that he will come to a saving knowledge of Christ at a young age, that he will desire nothing else than God's best and God's plan for his life, that he will remain obedient even in the midst of temptation, that he will love God with his all.

There's another one, too.

Since it's cold out here now . . . does that mean it's deer hunting season? Mason asked me this question on Wednesday morning while we were waiting for the bus. He was disappointed when I told him it still wasn't that time yet.

And here's something Hannah Kate told me earlier today as she was browsing the latest American Girl catalog that arrived in the mail yesterday.

Mama, let's get me a computer for my birthday and then we can get on-line and pick out my doll for Christmas. Oh really? And just what exactly does my 3-year-old know about "getting on-line?"

Favorite Bible Verse - Now behold, an angel of the Lord stood by him, and a light shown in the prison; and he struck Peter on the side and raised him up, saying, "Arise quickly!" And his chains fell off his hands. ~Acts 12:7 You do not have the situation that God can not change. You do not have the problem that God can not fix. Peter's chains FELL OFF. Not to mention he was also being guarded by no less than SIXTEEN soldiers at the time. What chains do you need the Lord to free you from?