For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Well, yesterday was Mason's FIRST day of FIRST grade!Since we are supposedly an old pro at this, I figured we'd make it just fine. I didn't realize that it's still dark at 5:45am! But that's okay. By about 2:00 though, I really wanted to lay down and take a nap! Hannah Kate and Connor, on the other hand, weren't down with that. I think it's going to take a few weeks to get back into the swing of things.

And then I got a phone call from the school just as I was getting ready to go outside and wait on the bus. They were inquiring if Mason was supposed to ride the bus or be in the carpool line. As it turns out, he somehow ended up in the wrong line. I wasn't there, and the buses had already left! But the Lord always watches out for us. It just so happened that a friend of mine was there and saw the whole thing go down as she was picking up her children, and she was kind enough to offer to let him ride home with them. Let's just say it took me a few hours to calm down after this one, but Mason assured me that he had a great day and was ready to go back. He flashed that big grin at me, and I was reminded even moreso just how proud I am of my big boy.

Having said all of that, I'm so glad the first day of school was on a Friday! There's no way I could've gotten up this morning to do all of that all over again. I think that's best saved for Monday morning!