For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
My earliest childhood memory . . . and I kid you not . . . is watching Princess Diana walk down the red carpet to marry her prince. I was barely three years old. But I remember. That dress just captivated me. And so did Princess Di. So much so . . . that when I was in Mrs. Jones' 4th grade class and given the assignment of reading a biography or autobiography and then reporting on it to the class while dressing the part, I, of course, chose Princess Di. I mean, what little girl doesn't want to be a princess?!?

I also remember the day of the book report presentation. I wore a pastel blue or green (I can't remember which, and that's really aggravating!) gown that Mrs. Jones let me borrow. And that morning when I woke up to go to school, I asked Mama to French braid my hair. I still remember her response: "Princess Diana doesn't wear her hair in a French braid." Well, her hair was too short for a braid. And my hair (at half-way down my back) was too long to do anything with that remotely resembled Princess Di. So why a French braid? Because when I was in 4th grade, that was the most elegant hairstyle my mind could fathom for my long locks. And, of course, my Mama obliged, and I went to school with a French braid that day.

I was always fascinated with Princess Di . . . I sure wish I had People Magazine's special wedding issue of her! I was so sad when her marriage to the Prince fell apart. And I remember very vividly exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news of her death. Since then, my infatuation with the royal family waned.

Until last Thursday night . . . I found myself greatly anticipating William and Kate's wedding, so much so that I even entertained the thought of waking up early (really early) to watch the wedding. But then I realized how silly that was, especially since I could just DVR the thing. So that's what I did. And then I found out that there's actually a Lifetime movie devoted to the couple. I've never seen it, but I understand it was aired multiple times leading up to the day of the wedding. I'm secretly hoping for another repeat! I'm also debating on whether or not to purchase People Magazine's special issue of the wedding!

I have very little time to devote to television viewing, but I wanted to see that wedding. I couldn't wait to see THE DRESS! I made absolutely sure throughout the day that I didn't catch a glimpse of Kate's dress on the news or the internet. I didn't want to spoil the royal viewing. So Friday afternoon, I sat down to watch the wedding. I'll admit . . . I had to skip through most of it . . . and after 45 minutes, I'd already seen what I wanted to see (or had time to see).

The first thing I wanted to do was go out and buy me a hat! I still haven't decided which one was my favorite, although I know which ones are not! And then Kate herself . . . I thought she was absolutely gorgeous. And I absolutely LOVE THE DRESS!

I've often thought . . . if I had it to do all over again (which I will not!) . . . what my dress would look like. Let's face it . . . I wouldn't choose the same dress today that I chose 11 years ago . . . although that was the perfect dress for me at the time. But. I'm certain I wouldn't choose Kate's dress either. It was perfectly lovely, and I really do love it . . . but did you see PIPPA'S DRESS?!? Oh my . . . absolutely stunning! Love love LOVE it!

So. Beyond the clothes and the hats (and the music), do you know what else really captured my attention? Prince Harry! And do you know why? I felt like I was looking at someone I know. I mean, really know. Here. Let me show you. Here he is (and you know I chose this picture so you could also see Pippa's dress! . . . although it really doesn't do it justice since you can't see the entire length of it).
But doesn't he look just like HIM?!?
In case you're wondering, that's MY BROTHER!

And, by the way, I don't have to dream of being a princess or even being related to royalty. I ALREADY AM. You see, I am a child of the King. So that makes me a princess!

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name." ~John 1:12

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God!" ~1 John 3:1

And can I just tell you . . . I CAN NOT wait to see my King one day! I'll bet all the castles in England can't even compare to the mansion He's prepared for me!