For the Journey


Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. ~A.A. Milne

"You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance." ~Psalm 65:11
Spring Break. So the original plan was to take Mason and Hannah Kate to SeaWorld in San Antonio. I'll just go ahead and tell you that we are NOT at SeaWorld. It's times like these that I have to remember to be so very thankful for Seth's job . . . even though we aren't at SeaWorld, and Seth is gone. AGAIN. I've lost count now. This must be the 8th week in a row. I'm reminding myself not to complain . . .

I decided instead to take Mason and Hannah Kate SOMEWHERE each day to have a little fun. So today we went to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans. Seth and I went years ago (before Mason was born and before Katrina), but we've never taken the kids. And since they've been begging to go back to the zoo, meaning the Baton Rouge zoo, I decided that a change of scenery might be nice. Connor didn't come along with us today, but Ray-Ray did. And I'm SO GLAD he did. He was such a big help with Mason and Hannah Kate, and they just love him.
Mr. Lion was one of my favorites today; I mean, I empathize perfectly!

The petting zoo . . . well, let's just say petting zoos are not my favorite. But I had to just grin and bear it.Hannah Kate with her favorite . . . PINK flamingoes in the background!And just another fun photo op:I am absolutely amazed by my Creator's obvious sense of humor and . . . CREATIVITY . . .
This was going to be my favorite pic . . . until I got home and saw how blurry it is! ARGH!They really did have a fun time!And I absolutely LOVE these beautiful, colorful birds!When Mason spotted this fellow, he was so proud of himself for recognizing the guy as Louisiana's state animal . . . the Louisiana Black Bear.I think my favorite exhibit is the Louisiana Swamp . . .I don't know about you . . . but this just screams SUMMER TIME in the south. Love it!And more of Louisiana . . .
It really was a great day . . . an exhausting day though. My original plan . . . to go somewhere different each day . . . let's just say I'm re-thinking that one! Tomorrow sounds like a great day to STAY HOME!